Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Setting a start date

Thanks for your kind words SheZug. I did Comment back but with all the Google upgrades and account merging they are doing these days, unfortunately I can log in here to make a post but not use the same log in to reply to a Comment.

Bizarre.

So anyway, I was saying that the encouragement is much appreciated. Unfortunately it hasn't helped me get started yet, but at least I am prepared when I do ;) ... which ironically is what this post is about.

I'd like to know how you are travelling as well SheZug :)


Getting started...

I am completely at a stand still with getting started. I think about it all the time. I think about all the reasons why. I try different ways of convincing myself to get started.

I put a lot of thought into trying to figure out where the block is. Why don't I want to get started? Surely the carbs I give up are nothing compared to the benefits I would reap. Right?

My current idea is that maybe setting a start date would be the key. Or at least a key to get me moving on this slope.

So I'm going to set something realistic (ie. tomorrow is not realistic). Then I can see the date getting closer and closer and it wont feel as jarring when it arrives.

That's the theory anyway.

And the winning date is .....

Wednesday 31st August!

No comments:

Post a Comment