Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday 10 April 2009

Awwww aren't you guys lovely? Thanks heaps for all the welcome backs!

I've been doing a lot on the SBD website before it runs out, I seriously love the recipe/food planner thingy they have.

For those that haven't used it, you click on your day of choice (ie. Today, Saturday, Sunday, etc) and it spits out a Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon Tea, Dinner and Dessert menu for you. You can either print this menu just as names or you can choose to print it with all the recipes included. If you don't like something (like I don't like anything with mayo or turkey) you can switch that one. Click on it and it takes you to a list of suitable meals (I'm guessing with similar cal/carb/prot counts) and you can exchange it. THEN when you've completed your day or days of choice, you click on Shopping List and it takes you to a total listing of all the ingredients separated into food ailes in the supermarket. On this list, you then untick any of the tick boxes for ingredients you already have (eg. pepper) and print the remaining items.

Isn't that just a stroke of brilliance? I love it!

It's not worth $5 a week though, and the fact you have to call a toll-free USA number to cancel isn't a subscription I want to get myself involved in. A) I'd have to time the time difference and B) toll-free numbers have never worked from overseas to my knowledge. I just don't like it, it's too forceful for me.

So that's what I'm working on now. I'm still sick and there's a Grand Designs marathon on TV so I'll be busy for the rest of the day.

Have a good one all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy to have you back, Erika! You've been missed! :-)

    Say, are you still exercising? Will that change at all as you transition to the SBD program?

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Harry,

    Thanks :)

    Sure I'm still exercising. Only once a week while I've been sick but I'll pick it up again when I'm feeling better. I've only been going 2-3 times per week lately though. That's about true for 2009. I'm hoping to increase that to 3-4 times (baby steps, right?).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2-3 times isn't bad at all. I've found that 3 times a week appears to suit me well for now.

    Feel better and have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete