Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday 4 January 2009

Master Cleanse - Day 1



See these links for a brief on my current task: How and Why.

It's 12.30am, the night before Day 1 (well, technically it IS Day 1). I have bought lots of lemons, cayenne pepper and have my molasses in tow. Here's to a successful fortnight!

It's now 3.30pm, I had one of the drinks at about 12.30pm and half a bottle of water. Wasn't hungry but have been getting hungrier the last 5 mins or so. I'm making the drinks with 2tsp lemon juice (fresh), 2tsp molasses, cayenne pepper and warm water (so the molasses dissolves). I'm sure I'll get used to the taste in time. I felt quite bad after it actually, a bit woozey even... not sure why. If I feel the same after the next drink I might get a better idea.

It's 5.15pm, I've just popped all the details for the way I'm making my drinks in a nutrition counter. I'm shocked, did you know that cayenne pepper is 2.9g carbs?! That makes every serving 4g!! Heaps!! I'd rather eat proper food for stats like that hehehe.

It really makes you think...

It's 6.20pm and I'm quite hungry. I know I've only just had my second drink but I still need something else. Looking at all those yummy images on Harry's blog didn't help any either ;)

So, hunger is here. It's tolerable though, but that's most likely due to keeping myself away from all temptations. Not looking forward to my first day back to work tomorrow!

It's 8.30pm and I've already forgotten how many drinks I've had. I think I've had four. During my whole weight loss journey I've learnt something about myself - I really don't have a food hang up at all. Strange?

It's now 10pm, I was about to have another drink but I didn't realise the time. Time for bed! I will forego the drink now - not all that hungry anymore anyway. Night!

3 comments:

  1. Seems like an interesting experiment, Erika. I only do a minimal detox routine. Perhaps I should do more.

    I hope the Master Cleanse yields really positive results for you.

    I'll be checking in to check on your progress!

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,
    Sounds interesting. I read the "how" but couldn't get to the "why." I think this is just for two weeks, right? It may do you good. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete