Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday 25 July 2009

Breakfast (finish 11.10pm) - two hardboiled eggs and salad of lettuce, cucumber and celery with oil/vinegar dressing.

Lunch (finish 5.35pm) - 130g turkey in rye wrap with cucumber and half a medium tomato, an apple and a cup of tea.

Dinner (finish 11.45pm) - 140g smoked salmon, the other half of the tomato and cucumber, a pear and the seed mixture.

Weighed in today - down another 1.85kg! Yay!

The bad news is I took in my food log and she pointed out the rules state you can only have the eggs up to three times a week (due to the cholesterol). I didn't know that, thought the only limit with them was once a day. Oops! Anyway, as you know cholesterol doesn't really worry me. I don't believe it's a good indicator of heart health in the slightest. I'll follow these rules because I'm following the plan. But I'm not buying into the cholesterol theory.

Has everyone here read Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read it but I've read many interviews and heard a few podcasts with Gary. Smart chap. :-)

    Great news about the weight loss! Hope you have a smashing weekend! Stay warm inside!

    ReplyDelete