Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday 20 August 2009

Breakfast (finish 9am) - 200g yogurt, a pear and half of today's seed mixture.

Lunch (finish 2.35pm) - 130g tuna in my oil with spinach, celery and zucchini.

Dinner (finish 9.05pm) - 145g boiled zucchini with 140g fish, rest of the seed mixture and an apple.

TMI Alert! Don't read any further if you're delicate.

Something that's been bothering me recently, over the last few weeks or a month or so, I've had like zero sex drive. It's just completely gone. What should I do to bring it back? And what happened to it in the first place?

Do you think it might be the lack of exercise? It's gone down to about once or twice a week only. I'm still on the pill, that hasn't changed. Maybe I've been on it for too long? Or maybe it's my calories, do you think they're too low and my body thinks it's in 'starvation mode'??

It's something that's really bothering me. My bf is starting to wonder if it's something about him. :(

Another thing I want to note is that my cravings aren't going away. I can satisfy them a little bit but really they are just continuing. I can't sweeten my teas until I have them with a meal which means I don't sweeten them - if I did my meal wouldn't finish until later which means I would have to have the next meal later and it goes on. It throws the whole day of food out just because I want to sweeten my tea.

Actually I must make a confession...

My bf and I are considering pushing our wedding to 18-24months away (instead of 12 as planned) so we can have a better chance at getting the house off the ground. Rather than trying to do both at the same time and messing both up. Well, yesterday I thought about that and my first thought was that I could just throw Sureslim out the window and tuck into a huge, iced, jam-filled doughnut for another few months and start this again later. That's terrible!! How am I ever going to maintain successfully for life if I have that type of thought?!

4 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious... Strangely enough, I've noticed the same thing about me lately, too, TMI, I KNOW LOL! And my cravings... Well, today so far I've hand a PB Smoothie and PB Pound cake... eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,

    Perhaps you can ask your Sureslim contact if they've ever come across this. They might have some prior experience with such a shift.

    Do you have the opportunity (insurance + time) to see your primary care physician? It could be the contraception med.

    Are you allowed to take supplements while on your diet? If so, I wonder if something like chromium picolinate might be helpful? That seems to blunt certain cravings in certain individuals.

    Just throwing ideas out there! I'll keep my fingers crossed that this all sorts itself out!

    One last thought ... could this change be stress-related? The upcoming wedding, the weight loss goal/diet and the house issues seem like possible candidates for added tension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie,

    Thanks for checking in. It's not TMI to me - I think these sorts of things are really important.

    What do you think has caused it? Are you looking into anything to improve it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Harry,

    Thanks for reminding me about supplements! I had forgotten to include them. They do work at making cravings more tolerable (though it only accumulates).

    It costs me $8 to see my Dr so I can see them whenever I like. I hope all that talk I hear on the TV about improving the medical system where you are really happens, I can't imagine not being able to see my Dr just because I don't have money.

    Anyway back to point, I can see my Dr about it and that's a very good suggestion.

    And on your last thought, yes I have a lot on my plate right now and I am stressed, but I always have a lot on my plate and I'm always stressed lol

    ReplyDelete